Thursday, October 25, 2018

What are the career options available for Gaming?

What are the career options available for Gaming?

          Career options vary when it comes to Gaming.  You can choose between being an artist, audio programmer, writer, game programmer, designer, producer, or even a professional gamer.  These jobs seem to average good pay, with the least one being artist, which was around $50,000 per year.  If you are a game writer then you could make up to $200,000 per year!  This is very good news for me because I was really worried about how much money was available for those who are into gaming.  I doubt I will be a game writer or artist because those are both not things I'm very interested in for a career.  The job that sparked my interest was game programmer.  This is a job I could really see myself doing in the future and loving it.  I am happy to see that they make an average of $95,000 per year because I would personally feel very successful if I could make that much money doing something I love.  This makes me very hopeful for being a future game programmer because one of my biggest concerns about entering the field was that I would not make enough money to satisfy my needs.
          One career I've been very interested in is streaming on Twitch and making videos on Youtube.  This would fall under the lines of entertainment and that just sounds like something I could be good at and enjoy doing.  My job would basically be to make as many people as happy as I can and make sure everyone is having a good time laughing and enjoying their time spent on my channel.  This is ultimately a dream job for me and there is no other job in the world that I want more.  However; being successful in this job can be fairly difficult and I know this.  Looking up how much money the best of the best streamers make really motivates me to be the best I can be at it.  Streamers such as Ninja make an estimated of $5.4 million per year streaming on Twitch.  This is an insane amount of money for doing something I would already want to do for free if money wasn't something I needed to live.  This is the job I could see myself doing the most and am most excited to try out.  Seeing these streamers that I know the name of and I see daily how many views they get and how they do what they do; This really encourages me because those numbers don't seem impossible and I think I can be one of the best at this.

https://www.lifehack.org/319007/8-careers-for-video-game-enthusiasts

http://mediakix.com/2018/09/how-much-do-twitch-streamers-make/#gs.mtRyvAU

No comments:

Post a Comment