Thursday, October 25, 2018

How will the Coast Guard prepare me for the rest of my life?

Enlisting in the Coast Guard for four years of service will teach me a lot such as hands on training with working on boats, doing rescue and boarding missions, physical endurance, mental endurance, and discipline just to name a few. But how will my four years of service prepare me for the rest of my life?
As of now, I’m not exactly sure what I want to pursue in as a career. What I do know is that I do not want to go to college right now. So after four years of living independently out in “the real world,” I should know what I want to do in terms of a career and education which thanks to the Post 9/11 G.I Bill, will make a college education easily attainable and affordable as a veteran.
Moreover, a prodigious work ethic will be instilled into me due to the military lifestyle that I will be used to: attention to detail, honor, leadership, and devotion to duty.
The Coast Guard will also provide me with enough experience and skill to get civilian jobs as soon as I get out of service. Jobs such as a police officer, longshoreman, marina/harbor/port/pier supervisor, and ship pilot.




No comments:

Post a Comment