Thursday, October 25, 2018

    What are the Benefits of a Dorm?

     It’s that time to start thinking about  college and adulthood. I’ve lived with my parents for almost eighteen years and I think I'm ready to take this big step. As soon as I start college I'm moving out. They say college dorms are convenient and super beneficial to you. I know that many people live in dorms because they live too far from the college or they don’t want to struggle with getting to class late. It is said by Jack Fischer on an article that, "Between school and work and getting enough sleep, the last thing anyone wants to worry about is spending time commuting to get to class on time."  It is more important to us freshman students because we are not used to the schedule we have to work with.
     Another benefit would be no bills and maintence to pay for your dorm.  If you have your own place then you would be paying bills, internet, maintenances, and utilities.  As for the dorm you have all that at a cheaper price as said in Fischer's Article.  You can also grow a bond with you dorm mate and help each other with certain subject that they have may had before.  You can teach each other something even if it's not on topic to your studies.  Your dorm mate can be is sophmore and can show you everything around the college campus.  So these dorms can really benefit you with daily life situations and with money.


https://blog.suny.edu/2014/06/the-benefits-of-living-on-campus-during-college/
   

   

5 comments:

  1. Some people are afraid to move into a dorm. You are very determined on how you want your life to be. Good job! Others don't know and it's good that you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who is planning to go out of state and will be living in a dorm, I can agree with all these factors. You sound prepared to take the next step. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with this. I've looked into dorms my whole life, and I have never believed in commuting to school every day. My only issue is that it is very expensive and can be around ten thousand extra dollars added onto college expenses. However, I think it makes up for this because of the fact that it includes many services that would be paid if one was not living in a dorm such as utilities. Dorms are, in the end, a cost worth paying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going through the same phases as you are. Moving out and having a dorm is everything to me as well. It shows how good you are to live on your own and is a big step into growing up as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like having the burden of paying for an apartment or house should not be put on a student their year in college so dorms are a good choice. Also yes no one wants to struggle to get to class on time because they live off campus.

    ReplyDelete